February 8, 2011

She Found the Art in Her Soul

So I finally got inspired to create the cover for this year's Art Journal (at least a digital version anyway).  I'm using a Prima 8x8 canvas album with the intent to create some of the pages digitally, and others with mixed media.  Here is digital cover:


The self portrait is based on a painting I created in a class taught by Paulette Insall.  I used the sketch as a guide for the body and hair and added the stitches individually to frame the face, eyes, nose and mouth.  I then created masks for the face/neck/eyes; shirt and hair and clipped digital papers to them.  Finally, I added the earrings and necklace to finish it off.  I plan to recreate this layout on the cover of my Art Journal with fabric and vintage elements.

Now if I could just get caught up with the pages :) :) :)

Layout Credits:  Timeless Collab MScraps; Live, Laugh, Love, Grow Collab MScraps; Organic Collab MScraps; Amazing Love (RuthMelody Designs); Beauty of Fall (RuthMelody Designs); Little Artist (ad77design); Fancy Stitches 2 (RuthMelody Designs)

2 comments: